The use of wood ceilings in the construction and reform of homes and workplaces in the United Kingdom is still very much in fashion.
Cladding, wall and wood ceilings beautify and provide the final touch to some of the latest architectural projects that have been seen in recent years in the British Isles. Wood ceilings which, particularly in renovations, recall the original ceilings of houses or farms. At other times, wood ceilings are only the natural completion of work in which wood also reigns in interior walls, details and building exteriors.
In the following lines we highlight 5 examples of wood ceilings that we have discovered in the new architecture of the United Kingdom:
– Wood ceilings in the Grizedale education centre, built by Sutherland Hussey Architects in Cumbria. Further information on sutherlandhussey.co.uk and photos on our albums on Pinterest, Facebook and Google+.
– Wood ceilings mad with birch and oak at the town Civic Centre on the island of Raasay, Dualchas studio. Further information on dualchas.com and photos on our albums on Pinterest, Facebook and Google+.
– Wood ceilings at the Maggie´s cancer care centre in Newcastle upon Tyne, the work of Cullinan Studio. Further information on cullinanstudio.com and photos on our albums on Pinterest, Facebook and Google+.
– Wood interiors and wood ceilings in this small holiday house in Fiscavaig, on the Isle of Skye (Scotland), the work of Rural Design Studio. Further information on plataformaarquitectura.cl and photos on our albums on Pinterest, Facebook and Google+.
– Another vacation home, the Balancing Barn, in this emulating a barn in balance, in the English countryside near Thorington in Suffolk. Wood interiors and wood ceilings for a a daring proposal with exterior reflective metal plates by the Dutch studio MVRDV. Further information on mvrdv.nl and photos on our albums on Pinterest, Facebook and Google+.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in:
– Interiors and wood ceilings in the works of Peter Zumthor
– The wood ceilings in the history of humanity
– Wood ceilings, or ceilings with wood panelling for brick and concrete buildings