Acoustic ceilings, inner linings, wood slats, wood walls and other architectural and decorative elements made of wood were the stars of our post dedicated to wood and architecture in London two weeks ago.
This time we want to highlight our discoveries in the French capital, which, as a technical carpentry, we find particularly striking, and which we then we share Facebook, Linked In, Twitter and Pinterest.
Paris is and has always been a leader in fashion and other artistic disciplines and, as such, it is also an extraordinary showcase for the most innovative wood projects applied to architecture, interior design and decoration.
These are some of our findings in our virtual tour of the city of lights:
1. Wood ceilings, and structure and wood walls in this prefab home designed by Djuric Tardio in a Parisian suburb
2. Wood panelling and wood slats on the façade of this building by SOA Architectes
3. Wood interiors, wall covering, interior finishes, countertops and display cabinets at the new Aesop shop in the historical centre of Paris.
4. Wood panelling and wood slats on the façade of the retirement home by the architects VOUS ETES ICI Architectes
5. The cross-linked wood structure of the future project of the ‘Cite musicale‘ in Seguin Island south west of Paris.
6. The inner linings and decoration of wood projects like that of the architect Arne Quinze for the men’s fashion retailer, L’Eclaireur
7. Wood slats in cabins and wood staircases of the new Hermès boutique in Paris.
8. The wood panelling of the tunnel of the Helicosm shop in Paris
9. Oak wood panelling in the treatment booths at the “Six Senses” spa located in the Westin Paris Hotel
10. Ephemeral wood interiors for the Camper installation in Paris
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in:
– Wood and architecture in London: façades with wood slats, design ceilings, exterior wood panelling, wood panels, and much more
– The importance of acoustic conditioning in an office environment using sound-absorbent wood
– A wood false ceiling, why use it? What advantages does it offer?