We are a technical carpentry and, as such, when we travel outside Spain, we can’t help but look above our heads to see if we can discover new types of wood ceilings, design ceilings or acoustic ceilings. We like to look around for an interesting wall covering or wood doors that might be different. We are looking for ways to improve every day, and we do it by looking at the world around us. We are a technical carpentry. We are Spigogroup. That is what we are like. We can’t avoid it.
Now, thanks to the internet, we can also complement the experience of our trips with what we discover on the net. And that is what we have done on this occasion.
One of the cities that we like most for its architectural wealth is London. A stroll through its buildings reveals spectacular wood projects. If we delve deeper, we discover truly exquisite pieces for wood lovers:
1. Wood panelling and wood slats at the London 2012 Olympic Velodrome
2. Wood panelling on the exterior of the “Shoffice” project in St John’s Wood
3. Wood panelling and wood slats on the façade of this building in Bermondsey Square
4. Wood panelling and wood slats on the façade of the Kew Gardens Herbarium, Library, Art and Archives
5. Wood structure of the Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2005 designed by Alvaro Siza and Eduardo Souto de Moura.
6. Wood interiors (stairs) in a house in Clapham. Escalier 081-23MR by Alex Haw
7. Structure with wood panels and wood panelling Sunken House by Adjaye Associates
8. Wood panelling and façade with wood slats at Herringbone Houses
9. Design ceilings and shelves made of wood panels in the London shop of Custo Barcelona
10. Polychrome wood panels in the wood ceilings of the London Natural History Museum
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in:
– What is the phenolic panel? What are phenolic boards used fort?
– Acoustic conditioning with sound-absorbent wood panels that are hung like paintings
– Acoustic panels for quick and easy installation on walls and wood ceilings