Slotted wood ceilings are made with sound-absorbent wood panels with slotted or oblong cut-outs. These cut-outs allow the slotted wood ceilings to absorb part of the sound in a room, helping control reverberation, thereby maintaining optimum levels of sound quality, perfectly suited to the use which is going to be made of the room.
Depending on the percentage of cut-outs in the slotted wood ceilings they will absorb more or less sound. This way, depending on the reverberation time of a room and the correction factor which you wish to apply, you should use acoustic panels with different percentages of cut-out surface.
The slotted wood ceilings catalogue of Spigotec, a division of Spigogroup which manufactures ceilings and wood panelling, offers 9 different models depending on the percentage of cut-outs and the average absorption coefficient. Spigotec slotted wood ceilings range from the Tauro 117 with a Sound Absorption Average (SAA) of 0.350 and a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.35 to the Aries 16 model with SAA 0.590 and NRC 0.60:
- Aries 16 model: 17.72 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.590; NRC, 0.60
- Aries 32 model: 9.13 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.470; NRC, 0.50
- Aries 25 model: 11.30 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.510; NRC, 0.55
- Aries 25 Cruz model: 9.70 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.460; NRC, 0.50
- Virgo 74 model: 40 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.460; NRC, 0.50
- Tauro 50 model: 80 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.410; NRC, 0.45
- Tauro 50 Par model: 80 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.510; NRC, 0.55
- Tauro 117 Banda model: 50 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.350; NRC, 0.35
- Tauro Banda model: 60 % cut-out surface; SAA, 0.370; NRC, 0.40
All these models can modified and easily adapted to other designs on request, in order to meet the acoustic and aesthetic requirements of each project